All aerial classes are for ages 16 and up.
Note about class levels: Please understand the importance of developing strength and proper technique. It is crucial that you learn skills in a safe, structured manner, in a class that meets your needs. If you have any uncertainty about your level, please sign-up for a beginner or all level class so that an instructor can help assess your current ability. All students are expected to discern which is the correct level for them prior to the day of their class. If you are not sure, please e-mail us your concerns, and we’ll get back to you. If you sign up for a level that is beyond your demonstrated skills and join the class, you will not be allowed to participate and will forfeit the credit for that day.
For students new to aerial, who are building strength and learning basic skills. You must take at least 4 beginner classes before moving to advance beginning. This class will include a guided floor warm-up. Please ask your instructor if you are able to move to the next level.
For students that have an understanding of the basics of the apparatus. You can ask your instructor if you are ready to move to this level.
- Silks/Rope Prerequisite Skills: Able to climb midway up the fabric/rope, able to tie figure 8 & aerial dance locks in the air, and able to invert from the ground on your own.
- Lyra/Trapeze Prerequisite Skills: Invert from the ground unassisted, able to perform dragonfly to cradle sequence, and able to hang without touching the ground for 30 seconds.
- Hammock Prerequisite Skills: Inverting from standing on the hammock, front and back balance, and mounting a high hammock unassisted.
For students that have mastered the basics.
- Silks/Rope Prerequisite Skills: Invert in the air to wrap your leg, hipkey in the air, aerial dance lock with cross-back straddle, and 3 inverts in a row. The student must have the stamina to perform 3 beginning skills in sequence.
- Trapeze Prerequisite Skills: Single arm & knee hangs, ankle hangs, inverting below the bar from a hang, & inverting above the bar on the ropes.
- Contortion & Handstand Prerequisite Skills: Assisted chest-stands, scorpion handstands, or they have been approved by the instructor.
- Silks/Rope Prerequisite Skills: Hang for one minute, climb to the top of the apparatus, and invert with straight legs and straight arms in the air, Windmills/Wheel-Downs, and hip-hops in the air. Students should have the stamina to perform five advanced beginner skills in a sequence.
For students from Beginner to Advanced.