- All students maintain up-to-date registration information and sign a yearly waiver. New students: please arrive 10 minutes early to check-in and prepare for class. If the student is under age 18, they will need a legal parent/guardian to sign their waiver for them before being able to participate.
- Registration: You may sign up for classes online at our MindBody site. If a class has reached capacity, we will be unable to accommodate drop-ins, so we encourage you to sign up online in advance.
- Lateness: students must be in their assigned class no later than the 10 minute mark. This means that no student will be admitted to join after this time and will forfeit payment for that class.
- Aerial Arts NYC reserves the right to cancel any program/class due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. The schedule and teachers are subject to change. We try to notify participants as early as possible.
- Minimum age for all non youth specific classes is 16. However, we do offer Youth Circus Sessions and Private Instruction for ages 6-16, and we can arrange private classes for any age by email request according to space and instructor availability.
- All classes, privates, & parties are non-refundable, non-transferable, and must be used toward a class that is held on or before the expiration date.
- Cancellations for classes, open workouts, private lessons, and point rentals must be made at least 48 hours in advance (online) to be eligible for a credit to your account.
- Registration for workshops is non-refundable. There are no makeup classes for missed classes during any workshop or youth circus session.
- In the event of inclement weather, we intend to hold classes as long as the MTA is running. Please check our website and/or Facebook for updates.
- All sales in the Aerial Arts NYC Retail store are final. We do not refund purchases back to credit cards, only back to client accounts for use at either another time or to make a different purchase.
- Class cards are non-refundable, non-transferable, and must be used toward a class that is held on or before the expiration date.
- Class cards may only be used for specific class types, according to the regular class rate:
- $40 class cards can be used for any class that is has a regular rate of $40.
- $28 class cards can be used for any class or point rental that has a regular rate of $28.
- Safety is paramount. Aerial Arts NYC reserves the right to deny participation of students with certain injuries or health conditions.
- Check-in with the office person upon entering the space.
- We encourage students to arrive early to warm-up on the floor before your class begins and you are welcome to do ground based conditioning after classes. We allow students to enter the gym 15 minutes before class and stay 15 minutes after class for warm-up/warm-down. We allow no unsupervised acrobatic or handstand warm-up or conditioning unless you are renting a point. Beginner-level classes include a guided ground warm-up to help you develop this practice.
- Students are only permitted on the apparatus during their scheduled class.
- Students must use caution and follow instructions for their own safety, and that of others. Reckless behavior will result in dismissal from class and forfeiture of payment.
- For aerial classes, please wear form-fitting workout clothes that cover the backs of your knees, abdomen, and upper arms.
- Any jewelry, zippers, and buckles, are not permitted since they may cause damage to the apparatus. Long hair should be tied back.
- Open workouts provide an opportunity for students to practice the skills they have previously learned in class. Open workout is reserved for Advanced Beginning-Advanced students. If you have questions on your ability to join Open Workouts, please speak to your instructor or contact the front desk for clarification.
- An instructor will supervise and be available to answer questions, but will not provide new instruction.
- You are responsible for your own health and safety. Make sure to warm-up thoroughly and know your limits.
- There is no student teaching allowed in open workout.
- Any breaking of the rules for open workout and reckless behavior will result in dismissal from open workout and forfeiture of payment.
- Point rentals are available for intermediate/advanced students and professionals to train and rehearse independently or with instructor permission.
- There is no teaching allowed during point rentals.
- You must obtain approval from one of the directors before you may reserve a point.
- During point rentals you are in charge of your own safety.
- Point rentals must be reserved in advance, and we are not able to accommodate walk-in rentals.
- We can not reserve point rentals without payment.